Expansion Joint and Crack Tape
The Ultimate Joint and Crack Sealant System
Excellent Chemical and Temperature
Resistance for Joint or Crack Sealing
The FluoroGrip® Joint and Crack Sealing Systems provides a highly chemical and temperature resistant method for sealing joints or cracks in compatible materials and substrates such as concrete.
FluoroGrip Joint Tape is a fluoropolymer-based tape manufactured with advanced technology pressure sensitive adhesive for “peel-and-stick” ease of use. It is the ideal replacement for traditional chemical resistant caulks, offering all the advantages of FluoroGrip linings such as:
- Elastomeric (to 330% elongation)
- Superior reliability of a fully fluorinated material
- Highest resistance to harsh chemicals
- Temperature resistance to 450° F
- Easier installation than traditional sealants
- Reduced labor and installation costs
- No VOCs and / or hazardous solvents – safer
FluoroGrip Joint Tape protects against corrosive/reactive liquids leaking into expansion, control joints and cracks in concrete and other materials. It stands up to a wide range of harsh chemicals such as organic and inorganic acids, solvents and more. Review the PDF flyer below for additional information.
FluoroGrip Joint Tape – Physical Properties†
|Tensile Strength @ Break||ASTM-D882||24 Mpa|
|Elongation @ Break||ASTM-D882||250%-330%|
|Initial Tear Strength –1 Mil||ASTM-D1004||4.9-5.3 N|
†Varies depending upon specific film
Disclaimer: The information printed herein is furnished free of charge and is based on technical data that Integument Technologies, Inc. believes to be reliable. It is intended for use by persons having technical skill, at their own discretion and risk. The handling precaution information contained herein is given with the understanding that those using it will satisfy themselves that their particular use conditions present no health or safety hazards. While the information contained herein is believed to be correct, Integument Technologies, Inc. makes no representation as to the accuracy of it. Since the conditions of product use are beyond our control, Integument Technologies, Inc. assumes no liability in connection with any use of this information. The evaluation of the product described herein under end-use conditions prior to specifications is essential. Nothing contained herein is to be taken as a license to operate under or as a recommendation to infringe any patents.
- Clean and remove unsound surfaces – high pressure water, grit blasting, grinding or sanding.
- Apply Integument FS-400 primer or equal, (brush or roller) to a minimum 3 mil DFT (dry film thickness). Allow primer to cure.
- Remove backing from sealant tape and apply over joint or crack (refer to sizing guide for width). Activate pressure sensitive adhesive with roller or burnishing tool, using moderate pressure.
- Sealing Procedures:
Figure 1 – Saw cut terminate the tape and seal with SC-200 or equivalent.
Figure 2 – Apply Chemical Resistant Topping.
Figure 3 – Seal edges of tape with SB-100 or SC-200 sealants.
For more information on FluoroGrip® joint and crack sealant systems, contact your Integument Technologies representative today. For questions regarding application requirements or other technical issues, contact our Technical Services department at 716-873-1199.